Free Confidential Consultation
(713) 224-4040 Español
Request Free Consultation
Two people shaking hands

Houston Immigrant Visa Attorney

Applying for a visa can be a complex and confusing process. If you try to do it yourself, you risk filing an incomplete application, and it may take months to correct mistakes found by a committee. If you hire a law firm experienced with the intricacies of immigration law, these costly and time-consuming errors can be avoided. A Houston immigrant visa attorney can offer sound legal representation for you as well as all the resources you need to make this transition smooth.

There are many types of visas, so it is best to contact the Law Office of David A. Breston to set up an appointment with a Houston immigration attorney to discuss what visa best fits your needs and how to go about applying for it. If we look at your circumstances and do not think our services can help your situation, we will tell you – we will never waste your time or resources.


There are about 185 different types of visas, but in general, there are two main categories of United States visas, immigrant and non-immigrant. An immigrant visa is issued to a person who wishes to permanently live in the United States. At the Law Offices of David A. Breston, our immigration visa attorneys and staff are qualified to assist you, your loved ones, or your future employees while applying for any of the following types of immigrant visas:


Green Cards

Having a green card makes you a permanent resident of the United States, and it is the first step toward becoming a naturalized citizen. There are several ways you can obtain a green card:

  • You may be sponsored by a family member or an employer to get permanent resident status. This is the most common avenue for obtaining a green card.
  • If you faced persecution in your home country, or have a reasonable fear of future persecution, you may be eligible for a green card through asylum.

There are several documents you will need to get your green card, from medical documents to affidavits of support. The filing process even changes depending on your personal circumstances. It is best to consult a Houston green card lawyer so your application is accepted the first time.

Employment Visas

An employer may petition to bring immigrant employees into the United States to perform necessary job functions. First, an employer must obtain permission from the U.S. Labor Department. Prospective employees are categorized based on their job function and assigned a priority date. Because there are so many forms to fill out during each step of the process, it is best to have the help of an employment immigration attorney. If you have a spouse or children, they will also have to fill out visa applications to make the move with you.

Family Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can apply for one of several types of family visas. These are meant for spouses, children, parents, or siblings. There are also fianceé visas available. At David A. Breston Law Firm, we understand how anxious you are to be back together with your family. Because petitions differ depending on the kind of family member you are trying to sponsor, it is important to make sure you are filling out the right forms. For more information, contact a Houston family based-visa lawyer. We can help you reunite with your loved ones as quickly as possible.

Non-Immigrant Visas

There are several types of visas available for individuals who want to visit the United States only temporarily. There are several non-immigrant visas available for more information, contact a Houston non-immigrant visa attorney at the Law Offices of David A. Breston today.